|Moontown Frequent Asked Questions
By Moontown_Moderator_Burlesque on 05/06/2011
Rating: No Rating
1.How do I add a Poem to my "MyCafé" area and to a Forum?
When you add a poem to a forum it will also show up in your MyCafé area. Here''s a step-by-step instruction:
1. Make sure you are logged in. If you are not a member, you must join.
2. Click the "Forums" Tab on the top under the tab that says "Write".
3. Find a Forum you like and click it. For example, scroll down and click the forum that says "Poems/Poetry Contest".
4. Now find a Sub-category and click it. For example, scroll down and click the sub-category that says "Nature Poems".
5. Now click the red button that says "Add Poem". It is right below the ad banner.
6. Add your title and your poem in the boxes. Check the appropriate boxes at the bottom, then click the button that says "Post New Poem".
You poem will now be added to that forum and it will show up in your MyCafé area under the Poems Tab.
2.How can I contact the staff of Moontowncafe?
- If you have a question for the editor, email Jon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a technical web-type question, email: email@example.com
3.Does it cost anything to use Moontown Cafe?
No. Moontown is free with the exception of the Premium Membership (but this is well worth the small price.
4.How do I edit or delete my poems?
It''s real simple. Just log into the site, go to your poem, click on the title of the poem, then click the pencil to edit or the trashcan to delete it. See pick below.
5.How long will my poetry stay on the Moontown Cafe?
We usually keep poems on the site for about 3 months. We need to purge the database periodically to keep the site fast for all the users.
6.What is the ranking system for?
The ranking system gives us and the publishers that use our site a quick means to find really good poetry. We can also use it to determine what poetry needs to be purged(deleted) from our database. For example, we can select to purge all poetry submitted on our site over 6 months ago that has a ranking less than 3 stars. If your poetry has been on our site for a year but the ranking is very high, it will not be purged. This is one reason why it is important to rank other people''s work.
7.Do I have to review or rank other people''s work?
We ask that you review about 2 poems for each one you post. You will find that many poeple will look at and review your work, so we think that it is only right to do the same for others.
8.How does the new Point System work?
Click on the little Question Mark next to your point total. That should explain the whole system.
9.What do I do if I lose my password?
Visit our Password Retrieval Form and your password emailed to you.
10.Do we keep Credit Card information?
There is no area of our site where we collect users'' CC info. We use Paypal for all our transactions. If you use a CC through Paypal, they keep that info, but it is never transferred to us.
11.How do I change my password or update my information?
Make sure you are logged into the site, then click on the MyCafé tab on the top of the page. On the next page, click on the "edit" button next to your name. Change the info you want, then click the "edit now" button at the bottom of the page.
12.Does it cost anything to use Moontown Cafe?
No. Moontown is free with the exception of the Premium Membership (but this is well worth the small price).
Poetical acknowledgement relies on or readers'' reviews. Are you reviewing or just receiving reviews?
© By Moontown_Moderator_Burlesque On 5/6/2011 11:52:24 AM